Friday, August 15, 2014

Broken Realms by D.W. Moneypenny (Review)

Fantasy is one of my genres. I found the blurb for Broken Realms fascinating
and couldn't wait to star reading. After the first couple of chapters, I lost interest
but I was determined to finish the story. There are some interesting characters
in the story, but unfortunately, the heroine was not one of them. I was 3/4 of the
way through the book before I even started to relate to her.

The author was very detailed and I was fascinated by the other realms. The repair
shop scenes at times distracted me from the overall story and slowed down the
flow. There were times when the pace picked up and I would start to get drawn in
and then there would be a filler scene that stopped the momentum. I was never able
to fully commit to the story.

pros: The story has vivid details, a great secondary cast of character and a unique plot.

cons: I didn't care for the heroine and the story was tedious at times.

Two Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Time Romance & More

Unabridged Andra
Photobucket
Sparkling Reviews

Peanut Butter and Whine