Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Protector (Anniversary of the Veil, Book 1) by Vanna Smythe

I received an e-copy of The Protector from storycartel.com in exchange of an honest review.

The story started out a little slow, but once I got into it, I was hooked. I enjoyed the relationship between the hero Protector (Kae) and the Princess (Issa). The Priests add a great dimension to the story. A world ruled buy a King and controlled by Priests is extremely fascinating.

I love that there are no definitive good guys and bad guys in a majority of the characters. One side of the Veil is not necessarily good and the other side not necessarily bad. They are both complex.

I look forward to reading the second installment and reading more about the other side of the Veil.

Pros: wonderful and complex main and secondary characters, detailed scenery and vivid details

Cons: slow start

I would highly recommend this story.

4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coffee Time Romance & More

Unabridged Andra
Photobucket
Sparkling Reviews

Peanut Butter and Whine